Austin: What's up guys this is our podcast for paper number two. We will be talking about the unequal justice system that we have set up in America.
Matt: That is right Austin so the journal that we read was written by Steven Seidenberg who is a trail lawyer so when it comes to the court system there is almost no one better to ask. In short the article talked about when it comes to the legal system those who have the most money also have a better chance of getting off their charges.
Austin: That is how I feel as well Matt. And we got an interview from one of your professors who is teaching this very topic.
Matt: Correct so we did not do a face to face interview but we did email him and he responded accordingly.
Austin: Alright so which one of us are going to play the interviewer and interviewee?
Matt: Why don't we flip a coin for it ?
Austin: Sounds like a plan.
(Flip coin)
Other then the American legal system, what other system would you want to use if the situation presented itself?
The education system.
Would you suggest that more financial aid be presented for the use of free legal services in the American legal system?
Of
course. I think we discussed this issue a few weeks ago. Money is
always an important thing which will be factored in preserving
everyone's equal access to the legal system.
Compared
to that of the American legal system, which other system do you feel has
the same or greater quality of the American system?
I would say the education system, too.
Although the politicians claim
that everyone has an equal access to the education system, racial,
gender, and other injustices have caused a disproportionate outcome
especially for those oppressed majority. Personally, I think this
situation is pretty similar to that of the legal system.
I really enjoyed the way you guys had the interaction between you two like how Clarissa and I have our podcast set up I feel that by doing it in that manner has a better relationship between the two broadcasters and it gives off a more friendly vibe to the listener so they can be reeled in to the podcast. I think one suggestion would be to provide more questions for the listener and for you guys to put in your personal opinion into the question and the answer the respondent gave. It will give you a longer podcast and also it will make it more interesting because you guys will elaborate on the question at hand.
ReplyDeleteThe podcast that you have is very well set up. I like how you have every line in your encounter preset. It will allow little chance for there to be any stumbling when the podcast is actually being recorded. Even thought the interview is written already I do like the spontaneousness of the coin flip. The flip adds a little more excitement to the situation. The thing that I think would be a good idea for you to do is to describe the article a little more in depth. I don’t know but I feel that your podcast might be a little short if you stick directly to your script so this might be a way to elongate it.
ReplyDeleteThese sounds like it will be a very interesting podcast. I like how you guys are up front on the fact that you did not do a face to face interview, and flipping a coin to see who plays what part adds a little fun and humor to your script. We also had to gather our responses via email due to time constraints on both sides, but we were not sure how we were going to include this in our podcast. The three questions asked to the person being interviewed are very good, but I would suggest adding a few more questions and perhaps providing some opinions of your own. Also, I think the article should be analyzed further and the findings such as the author’s purpose, language, audience, and other elements should be included in your script. You can continue the same format and maybe pass questions back and forth (one person asks a question and the other answers and possibly asks a new question) or add both opinions on each of the findings (you might have different opinions on what the authors purpose is for writing the article). Other than that, it looks great, and I look forward to hearing the end result.
ReplyDelete